I am a patient, enthusiastic, and effective English language teacher.
I have an outgoing, energetic, and friendly personality. I am also highly motivated, reliable, and hard working.
After gaining 20 years of experience in investment banks around the globe, I started private teaching. I made this change because I love teaching; I saw how important a good command of English is to get into the right universities/colleges, or to advance in your career.
Teaching also allows me to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds. I am fluent in English, Dutch, and French. So, I know first-hand what it is like to learn a new language. My teaching is very interactive, structured, and thoroughly prepared.
I live in Wanchai, and can teach online, at your house/ clubhouse, in a public area.
MY QUALIFICATIONS AND INTEREST
· CELTA (Cambridge English Language Teaching to Adults) - Distinction (Pass B). This taught me how to use interactive teaching and correction techniques. It also tsught me how to incorporate linguistics, phonetics, and language teaching theory in detailed lesson plans.
· Masters in Management Systems, UK
· BSc in Economics, Belgium - Distinction
· I row, cycle, practice yoga, and travel to 'off the beaten track' places. I am a keen lover of films and of art.
MY SPECIALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
· General English and test preparation - Taught school children in language centres in Hong Kong and adults in Australia. (IB, IGCSE, IBDP)
· Business English - With 25 years’ experience in international banking, I can teach the written and verbal English that is appropriate in a corporate environment.
· Academic English ( spoken and written) - Taught university students in Zhuhai, China.
· Financial and corporate documents - Have been writing financial documents and preparing committee packs for senior management for 25 years in international banks.
· Resumes and interview preparation - First-hand experience in interviewing candidates and in analysing resumes.